Monday, May 10, 2010

Dallas Braden 1, Alex Rodriguez 0



Alex "Bush League" Rodriguez just wanted Dallas Braden to relax after their recent confrontation, in which Braden called out A-Rod for walking on his mound after a double play. Here's the video of the eruption of Mt. Braden, in case you missed it:



A few days later, Braden focused his energies on the Tampa Bay Rays, who were completely overmatched. Braden retired all 27 batters without incident, throwing only the 2nd perfect game in Oakland Athletics history.

A-Rod and the Yankees are probably lucky Braden didn't get another crack at them so soon. Braden was pretty clear that he wasn't going to get walked on this year, and his performance put a pretty emphatic exclamation point on his recent comments.
He should probably take a note from his captain over there and realize you don't cross the pitcher's mound in between an inning or during the game. I was just dumbfounded that he would let that slip his mind — being someone of such status. I don't care if I'm Cy Young or the 25th man on the roster, if I've got the ball in my hand and I'm on that mound, that's my mound ... He ran across the pitcher's mound foot on my rubber. No, not happening. We're not the door mat anymore.
No, Dallas. You're definitely not the door mat anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment